Recipe by English_Rose
Chicken breasts stuffed with a moroccan style bulgar wheat, fruit and spice mix.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus a pinch extra
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 ounces bulgur wheat
- 1 ounce sultana
- 1 ounce cilantro, leaves roughly chopped
- 2 ounces sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and some seasoning and fry until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp cinnamon and the garam masala the heat for 2 more minutes.
- Cover the bulgar wheat and sultanas with water and boil for about 5 mins until soft then drain. Add to the onion mixture and add the cilantro and almonds.
- Cut each chicken breast open so that it is flat like a book.
- Divide the stuffing between them and fold the top over. Rub the skins with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Place tightly packed into a small baking dish and bake for 25 minutes
- Serve the chicken with any leftover mix alongside, with some green beans.