Recipe by Ridgely
Moist chicken thighs coated in a thick sweet and spicy Asian sauce coat. Incredible! Our family loved it!! I even used frozen thighs right into the pan. Serve with Jasmine rice and sauteed snap peas. Recipe from Fine Cooking Magazine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, excess fat removed
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, fish sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, black pepper and crushed red chile flakes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the scallions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the thighs and the brown sugar mixture. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. As soon as it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, turning the thighs occasionally for about 20 minutes.
- Then turn the heat back up to high and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes until sauce thickens and slightly browns chicken. Garnish with cilantro.