Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
We really enjoyed this recipe. The Chambord really lends itself well to this dish and creates a nice fruity sweet that contrasts well with the heat of the jalapeno. The original recipe called for 5-6 ounces of olive oil, but we felt that 2 ounce was plenty. The sauce is really good so make sure you have some crusty bread to soak it up with. I served it on a bed of Hawaiian Rice (Hawaiian Rice) by Chabear01, but it would be equally good on plain white rice.
- 16 large shrimp, cleaned and raw
- 1 jalapeno, sliced into rounds with seeds intact
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 -3 ounces olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 ounces Chambord raspberry liquor or 2 1⁄2 ounces raspberry liqueur
- Butterfly shrimp, devein and set aside.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan and stir in garlic. When garlic is golden add jalapeno slices and simmer. Lower heat and add shrimp upright to the mixture to cook, cover and simmer just long enough to give full even color. Remove shrimp and arrange on serving dish.
- Add liqueur to oil mixture over heat, stir and reduce slightly. Pour reduced liquid, garlic and jalapeno evenly over shrimp.
- Garnish with 2 half slices of baguettes.
I had this for dinner last night and it was delicious! I never considered chambord to cook with but it is a great flavor with the garlic. I had it with some garlic rice and it was a great match!
Excellent and very easy! Thanks for a great recipe.
i love this