1/1 Photo of Sweet & Spicy Roasted Kabocha Squash
From Just Hungry, but modified to cut the spiciness a bit. I just started getting to know winter squashes, and kabocha has become my favorite. It's fairly small, nicely sweet, and the skin is so thin that you don't need to peel it. This is a really easy way of preparing it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking liner or parchment paper.
- 2De-seed and cut the squash into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- 3Combine all the dry ingredients. Toss the squash slices in this until coated thoroughly. Add the soy sauce and toss well again.
- 4Spread the slices in a singler layer on the baking sheet and drizzle them with the oil.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then turn over, drizzle with more oil and sprinkle more sugar, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- 6Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Spicy Roasted Kabocha Squash
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 274.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: