Recipe by breezermom
These nuts are great on top of a delicious salad, but are also good as a snack. Because there is no butter, it keeps the calorie count low! This recipe is from Southern Living's 40 Years of our Best Recipes cookbook.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
What a tasty little snack! I realized I only had pecan pieces, not pecan halves, but it still worked out great, just the same. You can definitely taste some heat but it wasn't overpowering, which was nice. They are delicious on their own, but am looking forward to topping off my salad for lunch tomorrow with them. Thanks for posting! Made for photo tag.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water, warm
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar and warm water until sugar dissolves. Add pecans; soak 10 minutes. Drain, discarding syrup.
- Combine 2 tbsp sugar, chili powder, and red pepper. Add pecans, tossing to coat. Place pecans on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, stirring once halfway through.