Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These nuts are great on top of a delicious salad, but are also good as a snack. Because there is no butter, it keeps the calorie count low! This recipe is from Southern Living's 40 Years of our Best Recipes cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water, warm
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar and warm water until sugar dissolves. Add pecans; soak 10 minutes. Drain, discarding syrup.
- Combine 2 tbsp sugar, chili powder, and red pepper. Add pecans, tossing to coat. Place pecans on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
What a tasty little snack! I realized I only had pecan pieces, not pecan halves, but it still worked out great, just the same. You can definitely taste some heat but it wasn't overpowering, which was nice. They are delicious on their own, but am looking forward to topping off my salad for lunch tomorrow with them. Thanks for posting! Made for photo tag.
These are easy and fantastic! In particular I like that there's no additional fat, either. Great recipe, one that I'll make again... only next time, I'll listen for the buzzer... these got a little dark on me. :oops: Made for PRMR Tag.
So, so easy, & because of the glowing reports given in previous reviews (& because I wanted more!), I tripled the recipe to share with company this coming Saturday! Although I thought about cutting back on the chili powder & red pepper, I didn't, & they turned out ABSOLUTELY GREAT! Definitely a keeper recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]