Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe to make bacon even better. Mild chili powder works fine, but kick it up a knotch and try ancho or chipotle chili powder. Adapted from Mr. Breakfast.
- 1 lb thick-sliced bacon (about 12 to 15 slices)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and chili powder.
- Prepare 2 large (about 15 x 10-inch) baking pans or rimmed cookie sheets by lining with aluminum foil.
- Arrange the bacon slices side-by-side in a single layer in the 2 pans.
- Bake the bacon alone for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully drain off accumulated fat.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the slices. Sprinkle slices with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes longer until crisp.
- Transfer bacon to stacked paper towels to drain excess fat and to crisp up a little more.