Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
After purchasing this salsa, I figured out the ingredients and VOILA! YUM! Enjoy this twist on salsa.
Top Review by Crocheting Mama
This was great (didn't use jalapeno or coriander). Used everything else and served over baked chicken and brown rice. Even my husband said, "This is really good, and this isn't my kind of thing." Only downside is that it was somewhat labor intensive to cut everything (didn't use a food processor), but i makes enough that I had 2 cups left over so we'll be able to enjoy more tomorrow.
- 2 mangoes, ripe, peeled and cubed
- 118.29 ml fresh pineapple, cubed with juice
- 0 red onion, diced
- 1-2 minced garlic clove
- 3 green onions, tops and all, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (yellow or orange)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, minced (to taste)
- 0.25 ml sea salt
- 14.79 ml coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut mango into cubes, discard seed.
- Dice pineapple, saved juice.
- All other ingredients can be diced in the food processor. Careful not to over "pulse" to too fine a texture.
- Combine all ingredients and let sit for one hour or more before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Use more or less of your favorite ingredients.
- Sometimes the jalapenos are not very spicy, feel free to add hot sauce (Tobasco) to spice it up if desired.