Recipe by Valerie in Florida
From Cooking light
Top Review by afghanmom
The flavor of this glaze was very good, but I didn't think it was intense enough once cooked on the fish. I would like to make this again, but maybe instead marinate the fish in the glaze and just bake until it is done without broiling. And I think I'd add a little ginger to. Still, very good :-)
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Chinese hot mustard
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Place fish on a foil-lined jelly rolled pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush sugar mixture evenly over salmon; broil 3 inches from heat 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.