Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a sweet and spicy fish dish i just through together one day it plays off the subtle spicy-ness of the fish and the sweetness of the rice blended together to create something really great. I don't really measure things when I make it. I'm new to the site and this is my first recipe if you have any comments about the dish let me know any feedback is appreciated.
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1 ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 anaheim chili, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 200 g basmati rice
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 3 ounces cream of coconut
- For the rice: instead of water use the coconut milk to cook the rice add some water if all the milk doesn't do the trick but know your levels.
- Add in 3.5 oz of cream of coconut for sweetness and stir when it comes to a boil cover and let cook on simmer for about 20 minutes.
- For the Fish: Start by simmering the garlic, peppers, and ginger.
- Then add the filets and scallions; While the filets are cooking be sure to keep them moisturized with the lemon and lime but not too much where it is sitting in it just add as needed.
- When you start cooking the fish add half the red pepper and chili powder. Use the other half on the other side when you flip the fish.
- When the fish is done plate it.
- Back to the rice: When it is done it should still be a little wet. (I think the coconut makes it harder to cook dry but that's okay because we are going to fry off the excess moisture in the pan we cooked the fish to help absorb and left over flavor.).
- When the moisture is cooked off its ready to go with the fish.
- I haven't figured out how to make it look pretty but it still tastes pretty great.
- Hope you enjoy.