Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this from WILD AMERICAN SHRIMP in Plattsmouth, NE. I like But I play With my food too
Make and share this Sweet & Spicy Confetti Shrimp and Cornbread Pops recipe from Food.com.
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled & deveined with tails
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup seeded and finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced (use 1 red and 1green onion)
- freshly chopped fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp in 1 tablespoon of the melted butter over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes or just until it turns pink.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine contents of muffin mix with brown sugar.
- Add beaten egg, remaining melted butter and milk and stir to combine.
- Stir in cayenne pepper, red bell peppers, jalapeno and green onion.
- Spray 24 mini muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- Place one shrimp in each cup, tail up.
- Spoon cornbread batter into each cup; cups should be about 3/4 full.
- Jiggle each shrimp by the tail to allow batter to coat and complete surround the shrimp.
- Leave tail sticking up.
- Bake 12-15 minutes at 400 degrees until light golden brown on top.
- Cool for several minutes, then remove from muffin pans and arrange on serving platter.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley if desired.