Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
I am so sick of the standard sweet & sour meatballs with the cranberry sauce. So I started to play around in the kitchen & I think I came up with a winner. You surely could cheat & buy a store bought barbecue & add the rest of the ingredients, but it really is so easy that I wouldn't bother.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon nance's sweet & creamy prepared mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 4 ounces frozen mango chunks (adds a wonderful something extra) (optional)
- 2 lbs 90% lean ground beef (90/10)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄8 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk, warmed
- Mix together all sauce ingredients in pot.
- Bring to a slight boil. Stirring occasionally.
- Simmer until sauce starts to thicken.
- Strain sauce.
- Preheat 375.
- Mix all meat ingredients except milk together.
- Add milk little by little to a nice hold together consistency.
- Make small meatballs & place on oven tray.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.
- Put in crock pot with sauce on low and cook 2 hours.