Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I first came upon if from a friend and have since added my own personal touches and added to my taste. My son says this should be in a chili cook off. And he hates everything LOL.
- 2 lbs lean hamburger
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 3 (16 ounce) cansbrown beans in molasses
- 1 (26 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopper
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- fry and brown hamburger, drain.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- If using slow cooker, allow to cook for 8 hours on low.
- If cooking on stove top, allow to cook for at least 1 hour on med low heat, then once it starts bubbling, simmer on low heat for at least another hour, until all veggies are at least slightly soft.
- Serve with salad and buns, there might be lots left over, but tastes even better the next day. Great with hot dogs -- . Or you can freeze the remainder for the next time you feel like having chili.