Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I recently received this recipe from one of those "lovely" recipe swap chain letter thingy's. I made a huge batch of this stuff because I LOVE Chai tea. I'm planning on making a huge batch of it and giving it out for gifts during the holiday season. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. This can also be made as a lower fat or sugar free recipe by using fat free creamer and/or Splenda instead of sugar.
- 473.18 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 9.85 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 473.18 ml non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 473.18 ml French vanilla flavored coffee creamer
- 1182.95 ml white sugar
- 709.77 ml unsweetened instant tea
- 19.71 ml ground ginger
- 19.71 ml ground cinnamon
- 12.32 ml ground cloves
- 9.85 ml ground cardamom
- In a LARGE bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well using a blender or food processor.
- If using a blender to mix, beat all ingredients well until mixture is the consistency of fine powder; If using your food processor to mix (my preference), mix one - two cups at a time until the mixture is a fine powder consistency.
- To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water. This can also be chilled and served cold or frozen and served as an icy drink.
This is great! The only goof I made was I accidentally dumped in black pepper instead of cinnamon - didn't hurt it any, lol. Made for My 3 Chefs 11/09.