Recipe by Sherrybeth
I recently received this recipe from one of those "lovely" recipe swap chain letter thingy's. I made a huge batch of this stuff because I LOVE Chai tea. I'm planning on making a huge batch of it and giving it out for gifts during the holiday season. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. This can also be made as a lower fat or sugar free recipe by using fat free creamer and/or Splenda instead of sugar.
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 2 cups French vanilla flavored coffee creamer
- 5 cups white sugar
- 3 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
Directions See How It's Made
- In a LARGE bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well using a blender or food processor.
- If using a blender to mix, beat all ingredients well until mixture is the consistency of fine powder; If using your food processor to mix (my preference), mix one - two cups at a time until the mixture is a fine powder consistency.
- To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water. This can also be chilled and served cold or frozen and served as an icy drink.