Recipe by Pam-I-Am
I love a good ham steak. It's the easy way to have some ham without baking a huge traditional ham. In the meat section of the market, you can buy these nice thick ham steaks and have a quick dinner that evening. This glaze is awesome and perfect for ham!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was a nice change of pace from the typical ham steak. Next time, I think I would increase the the red pepper flakes, because I really didn't get any heat from this. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb ham steak
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (or 3/4 teaspoon dry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange your oven rack to be 2 to 3 inches from the broiler. Heat the broiler to high heat.
- Dry the ham steak with paper towels and set on the broiler pan.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the 6 glaze ingredients. Bring to a simmer over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes while constantly stirring.
- Brush one side of the ham with the glaze and broil until the glaze is bubbling and browned - 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and flip the ham steak and brush the other side - repeat the process.
- Serve immediately.