Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I could honestly eat this for days in a row...nothing else. It's a great combination of sweet corn and black beans and lots of other tasty things! It's worth the bit of mincing and is a great dish to make ahead of time. This can be served as a salad, but I've always made it as an appetizer dip, served with tortilla chips.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet corn (I use frozen, thawed)
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a jar or container with tight-fitting lid, combine lime juice, oil, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Shake until completely blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine beans, corn, green onions, jalapeno and cilantro.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for atleast an hour or up to a day. If a day, give it a stir or two.
- To serve as a salad, arrange with cabbage or lettuce leaves. Add more cilantro to make it pretty on top, if you wish.
- To serve as an appetizer, I like to eat it with tortilla chips.
This is almost the same as what I make and very good. For a real taste treat try adding peeled and diced mango or a can of pineapple tidbits, drained. 3 great tase sensations with one basic recipie. Good stuff and good for you.
Made this today for our office potluck and it was a big hit! Added the mango (thanks to Chef beancooker's post) and served with tortilla chips, the result was fantastic.