Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Good Deal with Dave Lieberman. This is a yummy new way to enjoy a favorite.
- 1 head broccoli, trimmed into florets and steamed for 4 to 5 minutes
- 29.58 ml sherry wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar
- 2.46 ml red chili pepper flakes
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4-5 slice lemon peel (long strips)
- 4.92 ml salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, brown sugar, and chili flakes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and lemon peel and cook briefly until beginning to turn golden brown, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar mixture and salt and simmer 2 minutes longer.
- Pour dressing over the broccoli florets and serve immediately.