Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am just now starting to get into Hummus. I found this on allrecipes. It sounds amazing. The cooking time=refrigeration time.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In an electric blender or food processor, puree the chickpeas, red peppers, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and salt.
- Process, using long pulses, until the mixture is fairly smooth, and slightly fluffy.
- Make sure to scrape the mixture off the sides of the food processor or blender in between pulses.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (The hummus can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated. Return to room temperature before serving.)
- Sprinkle the hummus with the chopped
- parsley before serving.
Yummy! This was really good and kinda spicy. I omitted the tahini and used great northern beans instead of chickpeas (personal preference). It was a little too runny for me so next time I'll decrease the lemon juice to 2 T. Great recipe!
Excellent! Easy to make - I didn't have Tahini so I used a little extra juice from the roasted peppers - turned out fine but not as creamy as when it would have had Tahini in it. No leftovers!!
this is my favorite hummus ever! It makes me happy to because its healthy