Recipe by JLBurnell
I am just now starting to get into Hummus. I found this on allrecipes. It sounds amazing. The cooking time=refrigeration time.
Top Review by smadie3
Yummy! This was really good and kinda spicy. I omitted the tahini and used great northern beans instead of chickpeas (personal preference). It was a little too runny for me so next time I'll decrease the lemon juice to 2 T. Great recipe!
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In an electric blender or food processor, puree the chickpeas, red peppers, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and salt.
- Process, using long pulses, until the mixture is fairly smooth, and slightly fluffy.
- Make sure to scrape the mixture off the sides of the food processor or blender in between pulses.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (The hummus can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated. Return to room temperature before serving.)
- Sprinkle the hummus with the chopped
- parsley before serving.