Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
these are super tasty and have a slightly hot aftertaste.. wich i love. since the first prepararation is similar to the glazed popcorn Cinnamon Glazed Popcorn i threw in some popcorn with the nuts and it was also deeelicious. there are 2 ways to prepare.
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 lb nuts (i used walnuts and pecans but any would work)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch red pepper
- first way to prepare: whisk egg white and vanilla together until frothy, add the remaining ingredients and stir well, add nuts(may want to use more nuts if a lot of juice is left -- depending how coated you want your nuts)
- 2nd way to prepare: whisk the egg white and vanilla and stir in nuts and stir to coat and then drain nuts for 5 minute.
- meanwhile put sugar, salt and all spices in a zip lock bag and mix, add nuts. 1/2 at a tiime. and shake vigourously until coated, repeat with remaining nuts.
- after preparing nuts either way spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet either sprayed with cooking spray or use parchment.
- bake at 250 for 50-60 min or until carmalized to your liking, stirring every 15-20 minute.
- cool and store in a dry place.