1/3 Photos of Sweet Spiced Chicken Breasts
This dish is actually best with Aguardiente de anís, a clear, anise-flavored brandy, that complements the cinnamon and other spices in this succulent chicken dish. Use dry aguardiente if you can find it or simply substitute Pernod. If you are using a larger skillet I would recommend doubling the first three ingredients, as the heated pan really reduces the liquid fast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Pernod or 1 tablespoon anis flavored brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Whisk wine, water and Aguardiente de anís or Pernod in a small mixing bowl.
- 2In another small bowl combine cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- 3Season breasts with salt and pepper.
- 4In a large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering and add breasts. Cook over high heat until browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn the chicken and scatter the garlic in the skillet.
- 5Sprinkle the spices on chicken.
- 6Pour wine mixture into pan, cover and simmer over moderate heat until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Transfer breasts to plates and spoon the sauce on top. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Spiced Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.8
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 112.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 39.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: