Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a sweet side with a full serving of vegetables.
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 6 dried apricots (pitted and diced)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 spaghetti squash
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prick Squash all over with a fork. Place it in a loaf pan or pie plate (you will need a container to catch the juices). Put it in the oven, with the timer set for one hour.
- Heat a fry pan on the stove top on high till hot, then turn the heat down to medium high, and in cook the onion till tender
- Turn the heat down to medium. Then add the garlic, broth, wine, apricot preserves, dried apricots, and raisins to the onions. Simmer till the preserves are well incorporated and the sauces has been slightly reduced.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- When the timer goes off it is time to plate out your meal. Cut the squash in half. Use a fork to pull out the fibers of the spaghetti squash. Place about a cup of squash on each place. Top with one fourth of the sauce.
- Note: To save time and electricity I usually bake my squash when I already have the oven lit to cook another dish. The squash does not absorb the flavor of the other food in the oven.