Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is from my MIL. My husband loves it and it's the only spaghetti sauce he'll eat. Took me a little getting used cause it's sweet, but now it's a favorite. Makes a REALLY good pizza sauce too!!
- 6 cups tomato puree (I use half of a #10 can for a recipe for us, and we get leftovers. You can freeze the other half)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles (or your favorite pasta)
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on Low for 6 hours, or can be done on High for 3. Stir occasionally. Will turn a darker shade of red, and have a nice sweet flavor and aroma. Can be done on the stove top, but needs more constant attention.
- I will throw it in the morning on low, and leave it until dinner time (my crock pot keeps things warm until you shut it off) and it tastes wonderfully!
- This sauce freezes beautifully, so does the leftover puree. Can be frozen for up to 4-6 months. Can be reheated in the microwave or however you would like.