Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
A favorite in my house, and great for freezing too.
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck
- 1 onion, diced small
- 14 1⁄2 ounces peeled diced tomatoes (canned)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled, chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet basil
- 29 ounces tomato sauce (canned)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Brown Ground Chuck, drain.
- Add onions and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add tomatoes (juice and all), garlic, fresh parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until most of the juice is gone.
- Add tomato sauce and sugar. (may have to adjust sugar amount to taste).
- Simmer an hour or until the consistency you like.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles, or we prefer angel hair pasta.