Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice with chicken or baked tofu. Tip: prepare up to step 1, marinade the chicken/tofu/whatever you want to serve this with in the resulting marinade, and complete the sauce afterwards.
- 5 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (Indonesian kecap works well)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed chile
- 30 g butter
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and chillies.
- Melt butter. Add corn flour, mix well. Add soy sauce mixture and stock. Bring to a boil, but don't let it boil for more than 30 seconds.