Prep 3 mins
Cook 4 mins
This makes a tasty and different breakfast, brunch or snack. Sweet soy sauce, also called ketjap manis should be available in most large stores or Asian stores. If you can't find it, just use dark soy sauce mixed with a little clear, runny honey instead.
- 42.52 g butter, plus a llittle extra for spreading
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 340.19 g small mushrooms, wiped clean and halved
- 1 ciabatta, loaf cut into thick slices
- 29.58 ml ketjap manis (or 2 tbs dark soy sauce and 1 tsp honey)
- salt and pepper
- chives, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast 6 slices of the ciabatta bread.
- Add the ketjap manis to the mushrooms and toss over a high heat for a few seconds more - it should caramelize instantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the toast onto warmed plates, and spread with a little butter if you wish. Spoon on the mushrooms and sprinkle over the chives if using.
- Serve immediately.
Luscious and yummy all in one bite! This is a GREAT breakfast. I made the mushrooms up the night before, so breakfast was a slap and a dash. I used the soy sauce and honey...but think it's interesting that this ingredient LOOKS like the way you'd spell KETCHUP if you were being totally phonetic! Hmmm.... Anyway, I think these would be neat to serve at a tea party too, for one of the savories. *ZWT 6 Team "Ya Ya Cookerhood" Ya Yas Rock!*
I'm not even sure why I tried this because how could mushrooms with soy sauce taste good on toast?!? Well, I don't know but they sure did!!! I had large mushrooms so I cut them into 3 pieces. I used the dark soy and honey option and only had white bread. I should have used the optional butter on toast, but that's the only change I would make. FaNtAsTiC! Made for ZWT6. Thanks English_Rose! :)
This is a great appetizer. I used ciabatta baguette. I didn't have ketjap manis and I don't know if I can find it here. I used reduced-sodium soy sauce and the honey. I really liked the taste. Me and DH enjoyed it very much :) Thanks English Rose :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT