1/7 Photos of Sweet Soy Mushrooms on Toast
This makes a tasty and different breakfast, brunch or snack. Sweet soy sauce, also called ketjap manis should be available in most large stores or Asian stores. If you can't find it, just use dark soy sauce mixed with a little clear, runny honey instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 ounces butter, plus a llittle extra for spreading
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 12 ounces small mushrooms, wiped clean and halved
- 1/2 ciabatta, loaf cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis (or 2 tbs dark soy sauce and 1 tsp honey)
- salt and pepper
- chives, chopped for garnish (optional)
- 1Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, toast 6 slices of the ciabatta bread.
- 3Add the ketjap manis to the mushrooms and toss over a high heat for a few seconds more - it should caramelize instantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Put the toast onto warmed plates, and spread with a little butter if you wish. Spoon on the mushrooms and sprinkle over the chives if using.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Soy Mushrooms on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 126.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: