1/2 Photos of Sweet Soy Cracker Bites
Montana Heart Song's Note:
In Japan, children would eat soy cookies or crackers, not sweet but very salty with the taste of soy sauce. My son hated the taste of a sweet cookie for a while, only wanted his soy cookies.This is my revised recipe. This taste is not for everyone but you might like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml cooked rice, one day old (or more)
- 118.29 ml Crisco shortening
- 236.59 ml rice flour, plus
- 29.58 ml rice flour
- 4.92 ml salt or 4.92 ml salt substitute
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 19.71 ml sugar or 19.71 ml sugar substitute
- 59.16-73.94 ml cold water
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- Pam cooking spray
- 78.07 ml Kikkoman soy sauce
- 14.79 ml margarine
- 1In medium bowl, mix 1 cup rice flour, salt, baking powder and splenda.
- 2In large bowl, add cooked rice and shortening. Mix with a fork, mash the rice in the shortening. Use your fingers if it is easier.
- 3Pour in the dry rice flour mixture, a little at a time and mix each time.
- 4Add 1 tblsp cold water each time.
- 5The rice dough mixture should be moist.
- 6Add the vanilla and mix well. I use my hands.
- 7Preheat oven 375*.
- 8Squeese, knead and press with your hands.
- 9Let the dough rest at least 10 minutes.
- 10Take 1 tsp of dough, roll it in your hands and press down on the baking trays.It can be round in shape or elongated, either way, it is flattened.Use the back of the teaspoon to press it down.
- 11Note: I use the 2 tblsp rice flour to dust my hands.
- 12You will have many round or elongated flat crackers. The crackers will rise. Cook about 5 minutes.
- 13Heat soy sauce and margarine.Then brush soy sauce mixture on the top. Finish cooking about 8 minutes. The soy sauce will make the crackers brown and harden on top.
- 14Take a spatula and take one out and check the bottom, if it is slightly browned on the bottom it is done. Let cool and air dry.
- 15If you live in a humid region, you must put in air tight container. They will not stay crisp. You will have to crisp in the oven again. Make sure they are very very flat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Soy Cracker Bites
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.2
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 742.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g