Recipe by Nifferlicious
Easy, low fat, and delish black bean soup! Created for the first time today (1/16/09). My very first posted recipe!
Top Review by *Parsley*
So pleasantly spiced/seasoned. This is incredibly healthy and easy to make. It makes a wonderful lunch. I made no changes to the recipe, but I may puree a portion of this soup next time I make it to thicken it a bit. Thanx for sharing!
- 118.29 ml onion
- 44.37 ml minced garlic
- 2 (793.78 g) can chicken broth
- 7.39 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 7.39 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml cilantro
- 2 (864.66 g) can black beans
- 411.06 g can chili-ready tomatoes or 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 432.33 g can corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray pan with non-stick spray. Dice onion, add to pan. Add garlic.
- Cook on medium-high heat until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken broth, cumin, cinnamon, chili powder, cilantro, and diced tomatoes. Reduce to medium heat.
- Add drained corn and black beans.
- Simmer for 30 minutes to an hour. (the longer the better!).