Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick easy and tasty. Don't peel the zucchini
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in 1/2-inch rounds
- 4 tablespoons lite olive oil (or other veg. oil)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Sauté the zucchini in oil until still crisp but hot through.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan and simmer 3 minutes.
- Put zucchini back in the pan for 1 minute and serve.
It was a little too sweet, but I used rice vinegar, a stronger white vinegar would be better. I added no salt just pepper and I didn't miss the salt. A good recipe, might be nice to add giner for a bit more kick.
Yum! Great snaking food. Sweet, crisp, squeaky good. I did chill the leftovers to enjoy cold for snacking. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=308850&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 Made for The Magic of Herbs. Thanks!