Recipe by Sherrybeth
The sweet taste of the watermelon makes this salad exceptional! Another National Watermelon Board recipe that my family loves!
- 118.29 ml cider vinegar
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml poppy seed
- 78.07 ml green onion, finely chopped
- 709.77 ml seedless watermelon (cut into chunks or balled with melon baller)
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced into small chunks
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the vinegar, water, sugar and poppy seeds in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the chopped green onion.
- Place the watermelon and cucumber in a serving bowl and pour the marinade over the top.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate a couple of hours before serving.
- Toss gently before serving.