Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The sweet taste of the watermelon makes this salad exceptional! Another National Watermelon Board recipe that my family loves!
- Mix together the vinegar, water, sugar and poppy seeds in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the chopped green onion.
- Place the watermelon and cucumber in a serving bowl and pour the marinade over the top.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate a couple of hours before serving.
- Toss gently before serving.
wow! this was a remarkable recipie, will continue to make over and over again. it is such a shock as a combo. loved it thank you for posting it!!!
This is fantastic! I unfortunately did not have any poppy seeds, so I look forward to next time to try with them - there will be a next time.
I chose this for a community picnic because it was different and not something creamy. I really liked it. It disappeared but I don't know what others thought of it. I will definitely take it to other gatherings. I did use regualar cucumbers and I drained a bit of the liquid before going to the picnic.