Recipe by Sherrybeth
The sweet taste of the watermelon makes this salad exceptional! Another National Watermelon Board recipe that my family loves!
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups seedless watermelon (cut into chunks or balled with melon baller)
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced into small chunks
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the vinegar, water, sugar and poppy seeds in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the chopped green onion.
- Place the watermelon and cucumber in a serving bowl and pour the marinade over the top.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate a couple of hours before serving.
- Toss gently before serving.