Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This was really tasty. The only thing I did different was to add a tbsp. of oil to the skillet in the beginning and then I did saute the onion and garlic in it before tossing in the boiled veggies. Followed the recipe from there(except for step 8). Turned out very nice, thank you for sharing it. I especially loved the idea of having water chestnuts in this! A sure keeper!
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 medium sliced peeled carrots
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet,bring 1/4 cup water to a boil on high heat.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms, water chestnuts, onion, and bell pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 minute.
- Remove the cover and cook vegetables until tender (about 8 minutes).
- **If pot goes dry, you may add 1 Ttbs water in at a time.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- In small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in pineapple juice.
- In small saucepan, over low heat, combine the garlic and water; bring to boil.
- Stir in the ketchup, pineapple juice, soy sauce and vinegar; return to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened and bubbly, approx 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and toss to coat.