Recipe by Edward S
My grandfather's recipe. My grandfather was famous for his garden and his cooking with the vegetables from his garden. He even made the local newspaper with a page of his recipes. This is taken directly from the newspaper article.
- 8 small bell peppers
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean peppers and boil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce and bring to boil till it starts to thicken, remove from heat.
- Fill Peppers and put 1 tablespoon sauce on top of each.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes at 350°F.
- Then put 1 tablespoon sauce on top and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Served with mashed potatoes or rice.
- Put the extra sauce on the table.