Recipe by ambernova
Exotic Chinese-inspired dish. You'll find that making this dish is nowhere as hard as it looks. Works well to impress your guests, but also makes a nice lunchbox for your sweetheart.
- 1 whole yellow onion, divided in 6
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon very finely chopped lemongrass
- 1⁄2 inch ginger, very finely julienned
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 100 g chicken, diced
- 1 can baby corn, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, halved
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or 1 tablespoon freshly dry crushed red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornmeal, dilute with 50 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat cooking oil in wok.
- Stir-fry onion, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, lemon rind, and lime leaves until fragrant.
- Stir-fry chicken with the spices till almost thoroughly cooked.
- Add bell pepper, snow peas, and baby corn one by one.
- Stir-fry briefly just to seal the flavour.
- Add plum sauce, lemon juice, and sambal oelek.
- Keep stirring.
- As the condiments are evenly distributed, add the cornmeal solution and simmer briefly.
- Serve with fragrant rice.