Recipe by Swiss Miss
Sweet & sour is so easy to made and much better then any sauce you can buy in grocery stores. You can add your favourite vegetables or tofu and enjoy this dish with fried rice.
- 1⁄4 red cabbage, sliced into bite size pieces
- 2 cucumbers, cut into slices
- 1 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 bell peppers, cut lenghtwise into large pieces
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- When it is hot, put in the cabbage, cucumbers, tomato, bell peppers, mushrooms and water and stir fry.
- When everything is done, mix in the ketchup.
- Season with the sugar, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Mix some water with the flour and add with stirring to thicken.
- Taste and season as desired.