Recipe by Linky
What can I do with a can of Spam and a pineapple? This is what I came up with...
Top Review by teresas
I had some leftover spam...so made this yummy dish for my hubby...I sub carrots for the peppers only because I didn't have peppers...and instead of using water I used the juice from the canned pineapple...he really enjoyed it...made for your football win...
- 340.19 g Spam, cut into bite-sized pieces (I used Lite)
- 1 large pepper, any color, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 113.39 g mushrooms, sliced
- 236.59 ml pineapple, cut up
- 158.51 ml water, cold
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 22.18 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 44.37 ml ketchup
- 44.37 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml powdered ginger
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray wok or large pan with Pam-type spray.
- Add cut up Spam and saute until browned, remove and set aside.
- Cut up pineapple and set aside.
- Spray again and saute veggies until mushrooms have released their liquid.
- Mix rest of ingredients into the cold water, add to pan.
- Stir until mixture has thickened, add pineapple and Spam, heat until warmed through.
- Serve over rice.