Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
What can I do with a can of Spam and a pineapple? This is what I came up with...
Make and share this Sweet & Sour Spam recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces Spam, cut into bite-sized pieces (I used Lite)
- 1 large pepper, any color, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple, cut up
- 2⁄3 cup water, cold
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Spray wok or large pan with Pam-type spray.
- Add cut up Spam and saute until browned, remove and set aside.
- Cut up pineapple and set aside.
- Spray again and saute veggies until mushrooms have released their liquid.
- Mix rest of ingredients into the cold water, add to pan.
- Stir until mixture has thickened, add pineapple and Spam, heat until warmed through.
- Serve over rice.