Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious meal!
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup (no salt added)
- 1⁄2 lemon, grated peel and juice of
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons fresh grated gingerroot
- 3 oranges, peeled,cut into bite-size pieces
- 20 medium cooked shrimp, with tails and shells removed (about 7 ounces)
- 3 cups cooked rice (no salt added)
- chopped cilantro or parsley
- In large non-stick skillet, sprayed with no-stick cooking spray, cook onion and green pepper over medium-high heat until tender but not browned.
- Add ketchup, lemon peel and juice.
- Blend cornstarch and sugar with orange juice and ginger; add to sauce.
- Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Add orange pieces and shrimp; heat.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.