Recipe by Halcyon Eve
WARNING: This is NOT diet food! This is our favorite way to eat beef shortribs--the sauce is delicious, the onions get meltingly tender, and the meat just falls off the bones! While technically this should serve 4, I usually double it just to have enough for the 3 (or more like 2 1/2, since DS is little) of us plus a little leftover for a lunch. We just love it that much!
- 680.38-907.18 g beef short ribs, 3-4 inch lengths, separated (also called plate or chuck ribs)
- salt & pepper
- 1 onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 177.44 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.16 ml soy sauce
- 59.14-118.29 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Rinse ribs to remove any bone fragments and pat dry. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large Ziplock bag; add ribs and shake until well coated.
- Lay ribs in a roasting pan or casserole (at least 2 inches deep). Top with onion rings.
- To make sauce, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour sauce evenly over ribs and onions.
- Cover and bake at 350* F for 2 1/2-3 hours or until ribs are very tender. Serve with onions and sauce.