Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another Thelma treasure. It's hard to avoid standing over the chafing dish when these tasty meatballs are the centerpiece of the buffet. A very different alternative to the traditional ground beef cocktail meatballs. Your guests will rave over them.
- 4 lbs bulk pork sausage
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 3 cups catsup
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- Mix together sausage, eggs and bread crumbs.
- Using the palms of your hands, shape into balls the size of small walnuts.
- Saute in frying pan until browned on all sides.
- Combine catsup, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce in bowl.
- Pour over sausage balls and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot in chafing dish with small container of decorative toothpicks for spearing.
- Makes 150 cocktail sized balls.