Recipe by Pennie
My mother always used to make this for potluck dinners that she went to. I could never resisted stealing some before she left. Not sure where she got it from. Prep time includes cook time and is approx. So is amount of servings. All depends on how you use it.
- 1⁄2-1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 can pineapple chunk, & juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and cook until thickened.
- Suggested use: cut up a pork roast into 1" chunks.
- Fry in a pan to brown the meat.
- Place the meat in a casserole dish.
- Cut up green pepper and onions into 1" chunks and place in dish.
- I sometimes add carrots.
- Pour the thickened sweet& sour sauce over all and bake@ 350 deg.
- F for about 1 hr.
- Amounts for these items are up to you.
- Serve over rice.