Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
My Mom has used this recipe for years, it tastes great and is quick & easy to make.
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml golden brown sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 566.99 g can pineapple (chunks or slices)
- 78.07 ml white vinegar
- 14.79 ml soya sauce
- red food coloring
- Blend dry ingredients in medium sized saucepan till free of lumps.
- Add all liquids and stir well.
- Cook over medium heat, stir constantly as will thicken quickly.
- Add few drops of red food colouring till desired hue achieved.
- Serve over cooked meats, rice or noodles.
This was easy to make. It kind of tasted like baby food. I followed directions except for the food coloring because I try to avoid added color in anything, so unless that has a flavoring agent I am not aware of it didn't change the flavor any. :LOL: I actually liked the flavor except for the baby food "after taste".