Recipe by Kermit in Huntsville
A true chinese sweet & sour sauce that you can use either to pour over a dish or use as a dipping sauce. Be sure and use RICE vinegar, white vinegar does not cut it.
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (mixed with 4 tsp. water)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup & soy sauce together and bring to a boil in a small pot. Mix together the cornstarch and water and add to pot until thickened.
- You can for a thicker sauce mix 4 teaspoons of cornstarch and 4 teaspoons water.
- If desired you can add 1 green pepper, cut into chunks, and pineapple chunks after it has thickened.