Recipe by renatekheim
The recipe comes from my German grandmother. I like it,since it is refreshing in summer and taste good with all kind of poultry.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (red wine vinegar is good)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 cups finely shredded red cabbage
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crips; crumble.
- Measure 3 teaspoons of bacon fat into skillet.
- Stir in remaining ingredients,leaving out cabbage.
- Cook mixture over medium heat,stirring constantly,until mixture is smooth and clear.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Put cabbage into salad bowl.
- Pour cooled dressing over it.
- Add crumbled bacon.