Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is a to die for recipe! Not healthy, but worth it once in awhile :) It's my mom's recipe (I'm sure you've heard that one before :)
Top Review by Sue Lau
This was easy and excellent, even if I had to simmer the cabbage a bit longer to get done. I added the bacon at the end of cooking to keep it a bit crisper and the bacon flavor was just heavenly. Thanks for posting!!
- 5 cups red cabbage (1 small head)
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small sliced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cabbage in 2 cups water in covered pan for 5-8 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Fry bacon. Remove bacon and crumble.
- Add sugar and flour to remaining fat and blend.
- Add water, vinegar, salt and pepper and sliced onion. Cook until thick, stirring occasionally, about 5 minute.
- Add bacon and cabbage and heat through.