Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I first had this dish at a local restaurant and decided to recreate the meal at home. Adds a nice touch to a pork roast dinner.
- 1 medium red cabbage, sliced very thin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a large skillet. Toss together gently.
- Add enough water to cover the vegetable mixture.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat and cook over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes, or just until cabbage is tender.