This come from Betty Crocker's New Choices Cookbook...I like this recipe well enough to post it...This is not the typical sweet and sour sauce...It's a thin sauce which seems to compliment the pork very well...
- Trim fat from pork chops --
- Cook pork in 10" nonstick skillet over medium heat, turning once, until brown; drain --
- Arrange onions on pork --
- Mix wine, vinegar, sugar and cloves; pour over onions and pork --
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat --
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until pork is tender --
- Remove pork and onions; keep warm --
- Skim any fat from the liquid in skillet --
- Mix cornstarch and water; gradually stir into liquid --
- Heat to boiling; stirring constantly --
- Boil and stir 1 minute --
- Serve sauce over pork and onions -- .
lovely flavour, we loved it, not too strong, we just wished there was more sauce, next time I will double the wine or broth. I served it over plain brown rice and green peas. Thanks for posting I will make it again.