Recipe by John W Wenzelburger
This turned out very well and was very easy to do. Sazon Goya is a spice mix pack that you can find in the Mexican section of the supermarket. It comes packed with several small envelopes in a small box. It also says Con Azafran on the box. This spice mix is NOT hot and is a wonderful flavor for this dish. I use it in most stews, soups or meat dishes.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope sazon goya, seasoning
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 cup apple cider or 1 cup juice
- 2 -4 pork chops, about 1/2 inch
- 2 mangoes, cubed about 1/2 inch
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375deg.
- Mix the first 3 ingredients in a small bowl
- Pour into a baking pan large enough for the pork chops.
- It should cover the bottom of the pan to a depth of 1/8 inch.
- If not add more cider and soy sauce.
- Place Pork Chops flat in pan and then turn over.
- Place in oven
- Then mix Mango and Cranberry sauce together.
- It should be about 2 parts mango to 1 part Cranberries.
- Bake for about 15 min then turn pork chops over.
- Bake for anouther15 minutes and turn over again.
- Check to make sure Pork Chops are done.
- Then spoon Mango mixture over chops.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until mango mix is heated through.
- Serve with Mango mix piled on top of Pork Chops.
- Mango and Cranberries may also be served unmixed,.
- but serve them hot.