Recipe by Nova Scotia Cook
What can I say...I like things simple. Here is another recipe that is taken from Campbell's Dinner's On in 30 Minutes or Less that is quick and goes great served with rice. It calls for condensed chicken broth with garlic & herbs but I have in the past used plain chicken broth and added a touch of garlic and whatever dried herbs I have on hand.
Top Review by Marsha D.
Delicious! I did change and added a few things to this recipe for what I had on hand. I couldn't find the campbell's condensed chicken broth with garlic and herbs so I used 3 chicken bouillon cubes to 10 oz of water and added 1 tsp. of Mrs.Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning. I also added some water chestnuts, red onion chunks, and opened a small can of sliced carrots and added to the recipe. I also used boneless pork chops that I fried until browned and cut into chunks and added back in with the veggies and sauce. Let simmer 20 minutes and served over Recipe#236938 Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops (3/4 inch)
- 1 (10 ounce) cancampbell's condensed chicken broth with garlic & herbs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in chunks
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in chunks
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil at medium high in large skillet.
- Add chops and cook until browned.
- Set chops aside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Combine broth, brown sugar, cornstarch and vinegar in skillet.
- Heat to a boil, stirring often.
- Add chops, pineapple and pepper chunks.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer covered until chops and vegetables are cooked through - about 15 minutes stirring often.
- Serve with rice.